Father Answers Your Questions


Question I am a Catholic divorcee.  I was told I cannot participate in the sacraments.  Is that true?


No, it is not true.  A Catholic who is divorced but not remarried can continue to receive the sacraments.  This includes marriage if a declaration of nullity has been given for the first marriage.

A Catholic who enters into a new marriage not recognized by the Catholic Church should request a declaration of nullity regarding the previous marriage.  A Church tribunal grants or denies a declaration on the basis of evidence supplied by the person who initiated the process and by the ex-spouse.

For a confidential clarification by Church professionals about these issues, visit the Marriage Issues Room at www.OnceCatholic.org


St. Patrick's Church at Moody Air Force Base